Partnerships are at the centre of all aspects of our work. Our partners include host governments, donors, the United Nations system, international financial institutions, bilateral agencies, municipalities, the private sector, foundations, civil society and the media.
UNDP benefits from its global presence in nearly 170 countries to bring together actors from a variety of backgrounds to share expertise, explore joint ventures and develop solutions for global and national development challenges. UNDP’s analysis and experience is highlighting where interventions are likely to have the greatest impact, while also ensuring that all action is adapted to each country’s context.
Implementation of the country programme for 2019-2023 will rely on the continued strong partnership with the Government and local authorities, including cost-sharing. A number of UNDP projects are implemented nationally, under the direction of the Government and in partnership with relevant national authorities.
UNDP engages with civil society organizations (CSOs) at all levels to support people in their efforts to build a better life. Substantive partnership with CSOs is of greater strategic importance than ever given the integral role of civil society actors in development.
UNDP promotes regional cooperation, aiming for the transfer of technology and skills, beyond knowledge-sharing to lasting partnerships and concrete results that change people’s lives; achievements in promoting innovation, confidence-building and advancing renewable energy use have already been shared through UNDP networks.
The private sector can make an important contribution to development by fostering innovation, providing funding and promoting entrepreneurship. UNDP will continue engaging private sector for solving public issues through social innovation.
Building on successful Delivering as One mechanisms and the expertise of United Nations partners, UNDP supports the activities of the United Nations system are well coordinated and complementary.
The diversity of donors contributing to our programmes as well as the substantial resources channeled through UNDP programmes confirms once again the vote of confidence of the national government and the international and local community in UNDP’s role and effectiveness in the area of sustainable development.
Key Government Partners
- Cambodian Mine Action and Victim Assistance Authority
- Cambodian Rehabilitation and Development Board
- Disability Action Council (DAC)
- Kampuchea Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Auditors (KICPAA)
- Khmer Enterprise (Ministry of Economy and Finance)
- Ministry of Agriculture Forestry and Fisheries
- Ministry of Civil Service
- Ministry of Commerce
- Ministry of Economy and Finance
- Ministry of Environment
- Ministry of Health
- Ministry of Interior
- Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training
- Ministry of Mines and Energy
- Ministry of Planning
- Ministry of Public Works and Transport
- Ministry of Social Affairs, Veterans and Youth Rehabilitation (MoSVY)
- Ministry of Water Resources and Meteorology
- Ministry of Women's Affairs
- National Council for Sustainable Development
- National Committee for Sub-national Democratic Development (NCDD-S)
- National Employment Agency
- National Accounting Council
- National Institute of Posts, Telecoms and ICT
Bilateral and Trilateral Agencies
- Australian Embassy in Cambodia
- British Embassy in Cambodia
- European Commission
- Embassy of Canada in Cambodia (Office)
- Embassy of Japan
- Embassy of Sweden in Cambodia
- Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Cambodia
- Embassy of the Russia Federation in Cambodia
- Forest Carbon Partnership Facility (FCPF)
- Global Environment Fund (GEF)
- Government of Netherlands
- Government of Norway
- International Labour Organization (ILO)
- New Zealand Embassy
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- World Bank
- 3E-Fii Group
- 4PX Worldwide Express
- Grab Taxi Pte Ltd
- Phnom Penh Special Economic Zone (PPSEZ)
- Smart Axiata
- WorldBridge Group
Local and International NGO parters
- Archaeology and Development Foundation (ADF)
- Cambodian Disabled People’s Organization (CDPO)
- Conservation International