Nick Beresford, Country Director, opening remarks at Workshop for Judges and Lawyers on the Draft Environment and Natural Resources Code
Jun 8, 2017
The United Nations of Development Programme has been a committed partner with the Ministry of Environment and the National Council for Sustainable Development, in supporting their national effort for implementing key environmental governance reforms including the Environment Code. Once fully achieved, the Environment Code will constitute an important milestone in building the legal framework, policies and programs supportive of sustainable development throughout the Kingdom of Cambodia...
Nick Beresford, Country Director, Opening Remark for International Day for Biological Diversity
May 22, 2017
The United Nations of Development Programme has been a committed partner for the Royal Government of Cambodia, in supporting its national effort for preserving biodiversity and critical ecosystems. We have supported development of a management of Kulen Mountain, and implementation of the Environmental Governance Reform Project and the 3 Rio Conventions project...
Secretary-General’s remarks at the opening of the Belt and Road Forum [as delivered]
May 14, 2017
While the Belt and Road Initiative and the 2030 Agenda are different in their nature and scope, both have sustainable development as the overarching objective. Both strive to create opportunities, global public goods and win-win cooperation. And both aim to deepen “connectivity” across countries and regions: connectivity in infrastructure, trade, finance, policies and, perhaps most important of all, among peoples...
- Sub-national Consultative Meeting: Draft Phnom Kulen National Park Management Plan Apr 28, 2017
- The Changing Role of UNDP in Asia-Pacific Feb 16, 2017
- Remarks by UNDP Cambodia's Country Director at the Official Launch of the Environmental Governance Reform (EGR) Project Oct 11, 2016
- Opening Remarks by Ms Setsuko Yamazaki, UNDP Cambodia's Country Director, at National Workshop on the National REDD+ Strategy At Sofitel, Phnom Penh, Cambodia Aug 30, 2016
- Haoliang Xu: “The 2030 Agenda Implementation in Asia and the Pacific” Remarks prepared for an event at Georgetown University on February 3, 2016 in Washington DC. Feb 3, 2016
- Remarks by Napoleon Navarro, UNDP Cambodia’s Senior Policy Advisor, at a Signing Ceremony on Cost Sharing Agreement Between UNDP, CMAA and DFAT for Clearing for Results (CFR) Phase III Jan 12, 2016
- National Forum on Women’s Leadership in the Public Sector and Politics Remarks by Ms. Setsuko Yamazaki UNDP Country Director Dec 14, 2015