Partnership for Gender Equity Phase III
The project built on the achievements made in the previous phases is working to ensure that gender-sensitive policies and plans for Millennium Development Goal acceleration are implemented and make an impact on the status, rights and choices of Cambodian women.
Generally, Cambodian women have lower status than men in the family, economy and at all levels of society. They have poorer access to education and healthcare, and limited employment and business opportunities. They are also disproportionately affected by gender-based violence and human trafficking. Mechanisms to support the integration of gender concerns into national development are improving, but many challenges remain.
Key expected results
- Mainstreamed gender into the National Strategic Development Plan Update (2009-2013) and its Mid Term Review.
- Ensured the National Program for Sub-National Democratic Development (2010-2019) is gender-responsive.
- Developed and disseminated the Gender Mainstreaming Action Plan of the Ministry of Social Affairs, Veterans and Youth Rehabilitation. The plan aims to improve the living conditions for the most disadvantaged, especially women and children from the poorest families.
- Built upon the first and the second phase of the Gender Mainstreaming Action Plan (GMAP) in the civil service sector. The GMAP is a springboard for better representation of women in this sector.
- Conducted a case study on gender and public administration in Cambodia to be used for future policy development and planning.
- Provided gender training to 200 government senior administrators through a series of gender training sessions conducted at the Royal School of Administration. Most trainees were key government officials from line ministries at national and sub-national levels who hold decision making positions.
- Supported the MoWA Capacity Assessment exercise. It is a springboard to the development of the MoWA Capacity Development Strategy, as part of the Programme Based Approach development and implementation.
Delivery in 2012
The project delivery in 2012 is USD652,513